This position will be a part of the team launching the new innovative pilot in career technical education across the state of Alabama. They will assist with building partnerships and coordinating training and evaluation efforts for the statewide Modern Manufacturing Career Technical Program. The Center of Excellence Project Manager will be a liaison between the Modern Manufacturing (MM) training programs, OEMs, the K-12 system and any private or public entity seeking information and assistance with the Modern Manufacturing (MM) training program. This position will work in a fast-paced environment based on collaboration, communication, and results.
• Regularly communicates and coordinates with Regional Workforce Council Staff (WFC) in Regions 1, 2, 3, & 5
• Assists RWC’s in regional recruitment and marketing for program
• Ensures industry connection and participation in the MM program and relevant Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs in each region
• Regularly communicates with K-12, postsecondary and higher education officials about the current and future manufacturing workforce needs
• Assists with current and future projects to meet Success Plus goals and build the talent pipeline in the regions
• Coordinates with MM Project Managers in each region for meetings with employers, individually and through industry clusters, to determine the current and future manufacturing workforce needs.
• Assists MM Project Managers with or conducts presentations about program to individuals, groups, businesses, agencies, elected officials, and organizations to encourage their cooperation and participation and to solicit suggestions, feedback, and partnerships
• Gather and evaluate data and outcomes of MM project and other related projects including preparation and submission of grant reports, review of requested reimbursement documents from participating school systems.
• Assesses individual school performance and reports outcomes to designated partners
• Review project invoices for reimbursement, through AIDT
• Assist MM Project Manager with equipment, materials and supplies procurement, and the accountability requirements of said equipment, materials, and supplies
• Tracks job placement and apprenticeships of students after MM program/ High school graduation in each Region
• Performs such other tasks and duties as assigned by the West Alabama Regional Workforce Council Executive Director
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education
• Working knowledge of career and technical education and/or workforce development
• An understanding of workforce and/or economic development is helpful, but not required.
• Must be adaptable to changing programs, workforce needs, and areas of focus.
• Strong public speaking skills
• Must be able to work well with a variety of individuals from education, post-secondary, industry, economic development, and government.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Exceptional people skills with an outgoing personality
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Self-starter with a high degree of professionalism
• Ability to perform job function with minimal daily supervision
• Thinks innovatively to offer new ideas, concepts, and solutions
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel, and Word
• Experience with Customer Relationship Management System
• Must be able to work flexible hours, Monday through Friday, have reliable transportation, that is insured, and have a valid Alabama driver’s license.
• Participation in morning and evening meetings/events is also required
• Out-of-town travel within the State is required
• Ability to perform all essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation, including regular and predictable attendance, the ability to get along well with others, and represent the Regional Workforce Council in a professional and positive manner
• Successful candidate must maintain their work-base or reside in the region, or be willing to re-locate to the region, at their own expense.
• Successful candidate must pass background check and drug screening.
• Reports directly to the Executive Director
• Maintains a high ethical standard in dealing with information of a highly confidential nature
Please send a cover letter, résumé, and references to:
Chamber of Commerce of West Alabama
ATTN: Donny Jones, Chief Operating Officer (COO)
P.O. Box 020410
Tuscaloosa, AL 35402
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com