Under the medical supervision of a physician and following accepted and medically approved techniques and procedures, the CRNA will provide anesthesia and related services for all patients in need or all age specific groups. The CRNA will maintain a direct reporting relationship with the Chief CRNA
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
- Review patient history, perform physical assessment, evaluate laboratory data, formulate written anesthesia plans for surgical patients of all age specific groups.
- Select and administer anesthesia techniques and medications appropriate for surgical patients in all hospital based settings following established DCH policies and procedures.
- Able to perform accepted airway management techniques for all age specific groups, as well as invasive therapy or monitoring.
- Identify and manage emergency situations including CPR per BCLS and ACLS standards.
- Communicate and cooperate effectively with staff at all levels. Demonstrate sensitivity and respect for all customers
- Maintains performance, patient and employee satisfaction and financial standards as outlined in the performance evaluation.
- Performs compliance requirements as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Must adhere to the DCH Behavioral Standards including creating positive relationships with patients/families, coworkers, colleagues and with self.
- Requires use of electronic mail, time and attendance software, learning management software and intranet.
- Must adhere to all DCH Health System policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Current Alabama RN license in good standing
Current license certification recognized by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists
Must be competent with anesthesia equipment, techniques and pharmaceuticals for all age specific groups
Must be ACLS certified.
Must be able to read, write legibly, speak and comprehend English.
Includes exposure to human body fluids, disease, infection, lab chemicals and hazard material.
Requires wearing common protective or safety equipment.
Medium Work: Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
This job requires contact with others, face to face or in groups, dealing with all internal and external customers. Must be able to assume responsibility for the health and safety of others. Must be able to work well in team setting. Physical presence onsite is essential. Hearing and vision must be normal or corrected to within normal range. Able to perform the duties with or without reasonable accommodation.