KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Performs and accurately records technical procedures safely, effectively, efficiently, and within scope of policy
- Reviews, collects, and evaluates relevant clinical data, and formulates an appropriate care plan based on patient assessment.
- Performs both basic and advanced emergency, therapeutic, and diagnostic procedures for neonatal, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Provides effective education to patients and co-workers as appropriate.
- Assembles, checks, and corrects malfunctions and performs quality controls on respiratory care equipment.
- Actively participates in departmental quality assurance and facility-wide organizational performance improvement activities.
- Gives rationale for actions, decisions, and clinical care, based on scientific principles, clinical practice guidelines, or successful experience
- Patient care procedures include:
- Oxygen/Aerosol Therapy
- Bronchial Hygiene
- Postural Drainage and Percussion
- Intermittent Positive Pressure Breathing
- Aerosolized Medications
- Hand Held Nebulizer
- Metered Dose Inhaler
- Dry Powder Inhaler
- Adult/Pediatric/Neonatal Critical Care
- Mechanical ventilation including transport
- Blood collection and analysis
- Emergency tracheostomy tube replacement
- Bedside Pulmonary Function Testing
- Maintains performance, patient and employee satisfaction and financial standards as outlined in the performance evaluation.
- Performs compliance requirements as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Must adhere to the DCH Behavioral Standards including creating positive relationships with patients/families, coworkers, colleagues and with self.
- Requires use of electronic mail, time and attendance software, learning management software and intranet.
- Must adhere to all DCH Health System policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. Current Alabama Respiratory Therapist license.