Responsible for Chemotherapy Scheduling functions for the DCH Cancer Treatment Center
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Collects and documents data on each assigned patient on an ongoing basis.
- Work with healthcare providers in scheduling patients chemotherapy treatments.
- Develop an individual approach for teaching patient and family regarding their chemotherapy treatment appointment time and need for laboratory studies.
- Review and optimize the chemotherapy infusion schedule on a daily basis and adjust accordingly.
- Notify the billing department of all new chemotherapy regimens ordered by the physician for insurance pre-certification.
- Follows safety practices and helps to maintain safe, clean environment.
- Records and reports to the MD and/or RN all observed abnormal and/or significant findings.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Seeking a dynamic personality with a high school diploma, ability to type 25-35 wpm, and computer proficiency with Word and Excel. A track record of excellent customer service and the ability to work with patients, physicians and clinical staff. Documented 1 year customer service experience with the ability to multi-task. Experience as a CNA/ PCA or Clinical Partner in a high volume setting is preferred. Ability to read, write legibly, speak and comprehend English
- Maintains performance, patient and employee satisfaction and financial standards as outlined in the performance evaluation.
- Performs compliance requirements as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Must adhere to the DCH Behavioral Standards including creating positive relationships with patients/families, coworkers, colleagues and with self.
- Requires use of electronic mail, time and attendance software, learning management software and intranet.
- Must adhere to all DCH Health System policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Able to perform the duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Mental capability to always maintain patient confidentiality
- Working in a small area where conditions require sitting 80% of the time and standing, kneeling, squatting, walking, and stooping 20% of the time.
- Is able to lift 35 pounds maximum
- Good manual and finger dexterity
- Hearing and vision must be corrected to within normal range
- Physical presence onsite is essential