Cleans and services building areas and patient care areas as assigned according to established procedures and schedule assignment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Daily cleans assigned areas following 8 step cleaning procedure or other procedures as appropriate. Performs tasks such as; cleaning of occupied and discharged patient rooms, washing walls, doors/ door frames, ceilings, patient room furnishings, windows, refinish and burnish floors.
- Dust \ damp mop \ vacuum floor areas as applicable, vacuums carpets, spot-cleans carpet, collect waste from all areas of hospital, routinely clean waste receptacles, clean compactor area, collect soiled linen and distribute clean linen, move furniture within facility, arrange furniture and equipment in an orderly fashion after cleaning assigned area.
- Requests cleaning supplies and equipment as needed and returns unused supplies to housekeeping closet, cleans carts and equipment and ensures all items are replaced in orderly manner.
- Operates various types of cleaning equipment both mechanical and electrical, i.e. buffers, wringers, scrubbers, vacuums.
- Reports all broken furniture or equipment repair needs immediately to supervisors – daily
- Cleans and services building areas as assigned (including medication storage areas) according to established procedures and schedule assignment.
- Maintains secured access to designated medication storage areas when assigned to work in those areas and alerts nursing/clinical supervisor immediately if medications are discovered in any unlocked, unsupervised area.
- Provides training for new hires and others to the units
- Maintains performance, patient and employee satisfaction and financial standards as outlined in the performance evaluation.
- Performs compliance requirements as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Must adhere to the DCH Behavioral Standards including creating positive relationships with patients/families, coworkers, colleagues and with self.
- Requires use of electronic mail, time and attendance software, learning management software and intranet.
- Must adhere to all DCH Health System policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
High School diploma or GED is preferred. Ability to follow/understand verbal communications and written procedures required and to verbally communicate with others. Must be able to read, write legibly, speak, and comprehend English.
Light work - lifting 20 lbs. occasionally, with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 to 20 lbs. Requires walking, standing, climbing ladders, pushing, and pulling. Manual dexterity; ability to move the hand easily and skillfully. Balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, and seeing. Includes exposure to human body fluids, disease, infection, lab chemicals and hazard material. Requires wearing common protective or safety equipment. Must be able to speak clearly and have the ability to reason and express ideas to groups of people. Physical presence onsite is essential. Hearing and vision must be normal or corrected to within normal range. Able to perform the duties with or without reasonable accommodation.