KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Delivers/picks-up equipment and supplies to patient’s home as assigned.
- Performs functional tests prior to set-up and delivery of the equipment.
- Provides education regarding the proper use and maintenance of the equipment and uses manufacturers’ service manuals and patient education documentation.
- Completes the necessary paperwork such as insurance verification and delivery/pick-up tickets.
- Properly documents customer education, and any follow-up training necessary.
- Provides initial troubleshooting and/or minor repairs as required.
- Updates and maintains the supply logs maintained at the office.
- Responsible for properly cleaning and storage of any equipment as necessary
- Responsible for the equipment restocking as necessary to maintain the appropriate level of stock on hand.
- Maintains an orderly and safe work environment.
- Ensures the appropriate documentation is obtained during the time of the delivery.
- Utilizes agency provided vehicle according to policy
- Maintains mileage logs and maintenance checks for agency vehicle.
- Updates and maintains equipment logs
- Assists in the maintenance of equipment
- Collaborates and communicates effectively with co-workers, other departments, and customers.
- Meets project deadlines.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Must be able to read, write legibly, speak and comprehend English. High school diploma or GED required. Valid driver’s license and driving record that meets the system’s insurance standards. Must have BLS Healthcare Provider CPR within first 90 days of employment. Must be able to prioritize and use critical thinking skills. Ability to use computer to perform assignments. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel preferred. Two years of Home medical Equipment experience preferred.
- Maintains performance, patient and employee satisfaction and financial standards as outlined in the performance evaluation.
- Performs compliance requirements as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Must adhere to the DCH Behavioral Standards including creating positive relationships with patients/families, coworkers, colleagues and with self.
- Performs essential job functions in a manner that ensures the safety of patients, visitors and employees.
- Identifies and reduces unsafe practices that may result in harm to patients, visitors and employees.
- Recognizes and takes appropriate action to reduce risks and hazards to promote safety for patients, visitors and employees.
- Requires use of electronic mail, time and attendance software, learning management software and intranet.
- Must adhere to all DCH Health System policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.