The Escort Staff will provide compassionate care and support while transporting patients in a safe, comfortable, courteous and efficient manner by wheelchair, bed or stretcher throughout the Medical Center. Under the supervision of the Escort Supervisor, Escort Transporters assist with the activities occurring in the office and the patient discharge area.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Conducts transports throughout the hospital in timely, safe manner.
- Assists in performance improvement (PI) activities by serving on PI teams as warranted, assisting with PI measures and supporting and implementing changes necessary for improvement.
- Participates in economical utilization of supplies and ensures that equipment is maintained in a clean, safe manner.
- Assists with maintaining a clean safe environment.
- Assist with orientation of new staff.
- Attends in-service programs, required training/education and unit/department/service meeting.
- Provides for safety of all ages of patients during transport.
- Works appropriately with persons of varied ages and sociological background.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize changes in the patient’s condition and reports it to the appropriate caregiver.
- Performs initial and annual competency per job class.
- Applies safety principles and body mechanics to the performance of specific techniques
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Maintains proper isolation techniques.
- Monitors oxygen equipment for storage and appropriate PSI for transport.
- Utilizes computers to accurately document transport activities
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
High school diploma or GED required. Previous patient care experience (PCA -Patient Care Assistant, Patient Care Attendant-Sitter, patient care training as RN/LPN student, completion of HOSA program, certified nursing assistant - CNA) preferred. Must have basic computer skills to support the use of electronic medical record, e- mail, time and attendance software, learning management software and intranet. Must be able to read, write legibly, speak, and comprehend English.
- Maintains performance, patient and employee satisfaction and financial standards as outlined in the performance evaluation.
- Performs compliance requirements as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Must adhere to the DCH Behavioral Standards including creating positive relationships with patients/families, coworkers, colleagues and with self.
- Requires use of electronic mail, time and attendance software, learning management software and intranet.
- Must adhere to all DCH Health System policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Communicate with different personalities and engage in face to face discussion
- Dealing with unpleasant or physically aggressive personalities
- Must be able to deal with conflict
- Must be able to communicate clearly and accurately
- Must be able to receive delegation
- Must be able to work in groups
- Must be able to perform structured and unstructured work
- Must be meet time pressure and time lines
- Must be able to perform in exact and accurate manner
- Must be able to use electronic mail, telephone and texting
- Includes possible exposure to human body fluids, disease, infection, lab chemicals and hazardous materials and/or cleaning solutions
- Requires wearing of common protective and safety equipment such as gloves, safety glasses, mask, gowns, etc.
- Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Must be able to tolerate prolonged periods of standing and walking
- Must be able to reach reasonable distances in any direction
- Must be able to stand, walk, kneel, bend, sit, stoop and lift
- Must be able to run in an emergency
- Must be able to move fingers in a coordinated manner and must be able to feel and perceive temperature, texture, shape and size with fingertips
- Must be able to perform the duties with or without reasonable accommodation
- Hearing and vision must be normal or corrected to within normal range
- Must possess stamina to work 12-hour shift
- Physical presence onsite is essential
- Must be able to perform the duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Hearing and vision must be normal or corrected to within normal range.
- Physical presence onsite is essential.