1. Assists in providing personal and safe care services in accordance with the plan of treatment assigned by the registered nurse in include but not limited to:
· Direct observation of patient at all times
· Keeping patients who are at risk for harming themselves or others safe
· Assists with measuring and recording intake and output
· Assists with positioning patients, lifting and turning patients
· Assisting in use of bedpan, urinal or commode
· Care of incontinent patient
· Skin care to the immobilized patient
· Ambulating the patient
· Feeding patients
· Carries out all safety precautions noted on daily assignment sheet
2. Accurately documents care provided according to policies and procedures.
3. Performs initial and annual competency per job class. Specific ages: adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
4. Applies safety principles and proper body mechanics to the performance of specific techniques of personal and supportive care, such as ambulation of patients, transferring patients, assisting with normal range of motion and positioning.
5. Participates in economical utilization of supplies and ensures that equipment and patient rooms are
maintained in a clean, safe manner.
6. Assists nursing staff in maintaining a safe environment for suicidal patient by limiting personal items in patient Room
· Maintains performance, patient and employee satisfaction and financial standards as outlined in the performance evaluation.
· Performs compliance requirements as outlined in the Employee Handbook
· Must adhere to the DCH Behavioral Standards including creating positive relationships with patients/families, coworkers, colleagues and with self.
· Requires use of electronic mail, time and attendance software, learning management software and intranet.
· Must adhere to all DCH Health System policies and procedures.
· All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
High School diploma or equivalent preferred. Must be able to read, write legibly, speak, and comprehend English. American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider required within 30 days of employment in Patient Safety Companion role. Previous patient care experience preferred. Must have basic computer skills to support the use of electronic medical record, e- mail, time and attendance software, learning management software and intranet. Reliable transportation to support assignment between two facilities.
· Communicate with different personalities and engage in face to face discussion
· Dealing with unpleasant or physically aggressive personalities
· Must be able to deal with conflict
· Must be able to communicate clearly and accurately
· Must be able to receive delegation
· Must be able to work in groups
· Must be able to perform structured and unstructured work
· Must be meet time pressure and time lines
· Must be able to perform in exact and accurate manner
· Must be able to use electronic mail, telephone and texting
· Includes possible exposure to human body fluids, disease, infection, lab chemicals and hazardous materials and/or cleaning solutions
· Requires wearing of common protective and safety equipment such as gloves, safety glasses, mask, gowns, etc.
· Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Must be able to tolerate prolonged periods of standing and walking
· Must be able to reach reasonable distances in any direction
· Must be able to stand, walk, kneel, bend, sit, stoop and lift
· Must be able to run in an emergency
· Must be able to move fingers in a coordinated manner and must be able to feel and perceive temperature, texture, shape and size with fingertips
· Must be able to perform the duties with or without reasonable accommodation
· Hearing and vision must be normal or corrected to within normal range
· Must possess stamina to work 12-hour shift
· Physical presence onsite is essential
· Must be able to perform the duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Hearing and vision must be normal or corrected to within normal range.
· Physical presence onsite is essential.